Here‘s some similarities found at first glance:
- Right in the first episode of the airship adventures (January 2, 1910) Little Nemo and the Princess (King Morpheus‘ daughter) take off from Slumberland to the Northpole (ATD 9; 114) in search of Dr. Pill, whom they hope to have a remedy for King Morpheus‘ pain.
- On February 27, 1910 they finally get close to the Pole and realize that there is no ice left on the sea just to find Dr. Pill (who is in "ice-business" by now) in some kind of a tower of Babel made out of all the arctic ice (recalling the "peak...far too regular to be the nunatak you imagine it" (ATD 139)) by his Eskimo-Workers.
- On April 10, 1910, the airship, having arrived on the moon, descends into a crater to explore the inside of the moon (ATD 114ff) but the crater turns out to be the mouth of a snoring giant, who starts coughing because the blimp feels like a fly in his throat. Arriving on Mars on April 24, 1910 they find the planet‘s essentials, including air and words, to be owned by a Scarsdale-Vibe-type plutocrat named B Gosh.
- On October 10, 1910, the airship crashes into Pikes Peak.
- On April 23, 1911 (the very last episode of Little Nemo‘s Airship Adventures), the airship arrives in Chicago. They fly above the "...Field Museum - the one remaining building of the 1893 fair!..." (nowadays Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry Wikipedia) and we finally get a splendid vista of the stockyards (ATD 10) complete with smokestacks and such as a finale of the Airship-Adventures of Little Nemo in Slumberland.