Here are links to some resources/FAQs to help with creating and editing pages.
Some editing tips:
- To create a page, search for what you'd like to write about. If a page that provides the info you'd like to provide, you'll see a "create this page" option
- To rename a page you have created, click the "Move" tab at the top and follow through.
- To delete a page, use the delete tab at the top. Please only delete pages you have created.
- To upload an image, click the image icon above the editing screen. This will place a "[[Image:Example.jpg]]" on the page. After you've saved the page, click on the link the image tag creates and you'll be brought to a screen where you can upload your image. The syntax for embedding the image is: [[Image:imagename.jpg|thumb|Caption|right]], where each parameter is separated by a "pipe" and: "imagename" is replaced by the image name (duh) with either .jpg, .gif or .png appended depending on the file type; thumb stays as is; write a brief caption to replace "Caption"; align the image using "left" or "right".
Page editing/creating resources
- List of all Wiki pages at PynchonWiki
- Wiki Cheatsheet
- naming conventions
- Moving/Renaming a Page
- A good page on editing wiki text
- Configuration settings list
- MediaWiki FAQ
- User Styles
- MediaWiki User's Guide
- Creating a Portal
- About Wiki Portals
- Wiki Templates